At this half-day online workshop, Siri Carpenter, co-founder and editor-in-chief of the nonprofit journalism organization The Open Notebook and editor of the book The Craft of Science Writing, will lead discussions about editing science stories and building effective editorial relationships.
This workshop will give editors (and aspiring editors) the skills and confidence to:
- Analyze story ideas
- Write clear assignment letters
- Work with writers to sharpen story ideas and develop reporting plans
- Troubleshoot problems in the reporting process
- Identify issues with structure, clarity, and flow
- Communicate edits effectively
- Build collaborative relationships with writers
This workshop is for editors at any level of experience who want to improve their skills in key technical areas of editing and develop better coaching skills. We’ll work through issues that arise throughout the story process, from idea generation to final fact-checking. The four-hour programme will include opportunities to workshop real-life editing challenges and possible solutions.
This event is now fully booked.