Created on Wednesday, 21 January 2015 12:17
We are searching for an editorial trainee to join Horizon magazine, the official publication of the EU’s Directorate-General for Science and Innovation. We offer a full-time remunerated traineeship based in Brussels of up to six months.
Horizon magazine covers cutting-edge science in areas such as robotics, 3D printing and space, presenting it in a way that is relevant and interesting to non-specialist readers. Horizon also produces multimedia content such as interactive timelines, videos and podcasts.
• English speaker with experience in writing, editing or proofreading
• Excellent attention to detail and a good sense of what makes engaging copy
• Interest in writing about science
• Applicants must have a flexible attitude and be able to work effectively either alone (with a clear briefing/guidelines) or as part of a team
• Help with writing tasks, including some news articles
• Assist in proofreading and photo editing
• Help with administrative tasks on the Horizon newsdesk
• Conduct research for video and article proposals
• Encoding articles into the Horizon content management system
for details of application process
Closing date for applications: Friday 13 February