Created on Wednesday, 09 April 2014 08:51
The ENDS Report is the UK’s No 1 source of intelligence for environmental professionals, delivering news, analysis and research on environmental policy, legislation and initiatives across the environmental, carbon and sustainability agendas.
We are looking for a journalist/writer with excellent reporting and writing skills, enthusiasm, and an ability to find the stories that no one else spots. Experience in writing about environmental issues would be a strong advantage, as would knowledge of policy, law, business and/or science. You will need to be comfortable with dealing with numbers and statistics.
We are particularly interested in applicants with proven expertise in environmental science or environmental policy and politics or an ability to specialise in these areas.
The successful candidate will join a team of experienced staff writers and will work to uncover leads and write insightful and compelling copy for this expert audience. The role involves producing news on a daily basis for a website and in more detail for a monthly print title. You will be expected to come up with ideas for news coverage, file content from conferences and events, construct detailed analyses and research and write informative feature articles.
A vital part of this role is the ability to establish and develop good relationships with key contacts and leading figures in the sector so a proactive approach and excellent networking skills are essential.
Ideally you will have some experience of data journalism and understand how social media can be used to enhance news coverage. The role will include regular attendance at specialist events in London and around the UK.
• Required skills and abilities
• Journalism experience including evidence of familiarity with and ability to grasp complex political and procedural processes
• The ability to write clean, detailed copy under pressure
• Knowledge of environmental policy, law, business and/or science Interviewing skills
• Experience of using a content management system
• The ability to build and manage a large network of contacts
• Creativity, time management and a knowledge of media law
Closing Date: Thursday 1 May 2014
Jason Alner, Haymarket Media Group