Created on Tuesday, 11 March 2014 18:25
The Perinatology Research Branch of the Eunice Kennedy Shriver National Institute of Child Health and Human Development of the National Institutes of Health/ (NICHD/NIH), in partnership with Wayne State University in Detroit, Michigan, seeks qualified candidates for the position of scientific writer.
Our premier maternal/infant health and disease research group is comprised of world renowned experts dedicated to the pursuit of excellence in education and research leading to the improvement of the understanding, diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of disorders related to infant mortality.
We are seeking highly skilled staff members to work as part of a team providing high-level support in a fast paced, demanding environment.
• Able to create and critically review current scientific literature and prepare manuscripts, abstracts, posters, and scientific presentations
• Perform literature searches: perform general topic searches and specialized database searches
• Retrieve journal articles from the Internet or library and maintain a bibliographic library of supporting material
• Organize and maintain electronic copies of all references
• Manage submission process for active manuscripts including online submission, revision, proof corrections and other related tasks
• Help with the preparation of scientific talks and presentation materials including Microsoft PowerPoint slides, tables and graphs
• Perform other duties as assigned
• Utilize professional judgment and writing expertise to translate data into documents that are clear, comprehensive and concise, with accurate use of English grammar and syntax
• Able to understand and deconstruct/reconstruct complex scientific information, theories and practices
• Take positive and proactive approaches to tasks and have the ability to work in a collaborative manner in high pressure, creative office that adheres to strict deadlines
Education and Qualifications:
• Experience in medical/scientific report writing and literature searches is essential
• Exceptional writing, editing, proofreading and overall literary competency is required
• Ability to effectively present information and receive feedback from management
• MD/PhD preferably in biology, biochemistry, or other life science, plus one or more years scientific writing experience, preferably in healthcare, research, or academic environment; or Master Degree with three or more years of scientific writing experience in a healthcare/research environment.
. Please also include your salary requirements.
Closing Date: Saturday 31 May 2014