Created on Friday, 28 February 2014 17:52
- Do you have expertise in the earth sciences or climate science?
- Do you have experience communicating science?
- Do you want to contribute to accurate media reporting of climate science?
Carbon Brief (www.carbonbrief.org) is a blog focusing on climate science and policy analysis, data journalism and media analysis.
Our science team produces a wide range of analysis, covering climate science, the impacts of climate change, adaptation and mitigation.
We’re looking for an experienced journalist or science communicator who is familiar with the climate science literature.
Responsibilities of the post include:
- reporting on and analysing the latest issues in climate science and media discussions of climate change;
- developing a range of content such as feature stories, investigative series, blogs, factchecks, podcasts and graphics on topics relevant to our audience;
- helping plan Carbon Brief’s climate science coverage.
You’ll need at least two years’ experience of writing about science. The ability to break stories, work under your own initiative and write accurately and accessibly to deadline is essential, as are good social media skills. Experience of producing multimedia content will be an advantage.
This is a full-time, permanent position, based at our offices in London.
The deadline for applications is 5pm, Monday 10th March, and interviews will be held in London on Thursday 20th March.
Salary £30,000 – £34,000, subject to experience.
A full job description and information on how to apply is available on our website at http://www.carbonbrief.org/blog/2014/02/carbon-brief-job-adverts/