Created on Monday, 16 November 2015 14:03
An exciting opportunity for a journalist/writer looking to develop their career in the space sector has just arisen based in Darmstadt, Germany. The key candidate will become part of Europe’s Meteorological Satellite Agency and be responsible for the planning, sourcing, writing, editing and proofing of a wide variety of texts.
Candidates require excellent communication skills along with the ability to interact and network with employees on a technical level in order to research new facts and scientific findings. Applicants shall then translate these findings into texts that appeal to the respective target audiences (e.g. press release, blogs, social media, intranet stories)
Candidates require skills/experience in the following areas:
• Proven professional experience in a similar role ideally in a technical/scientific environment.
• A pro-active and hands-on approach to sourcing new stories, going above and beyond the plain facts to create innovative and interesting texts.
• Accuracy and attention to detail when dealing with scientific/technical facts and figures.
• Ability to work independently using initiative.
• Excellent interpersonal skills along with the ability to communicate technical matters to all members of staff up to senior managerial level.
Applicants educated up to university level would be desirable. Evidence of continuing professional development as a writer/journalist is must.
Excellent English, both spoken and written, is essential for this role.
Please follow the following link to apply.
Closing Date: Sunday 29 November 2015
Name: EUMETSAT Space Agency